Raising high quality, all-purpose Labradors since 2001
Karemy Labs Puppy Care
1. Puppy gets lots of individualized love & care. They are handled daily by our children, and we monitor their weight & development.
2. They are wormed at least twice before being adopted.
3. They are given their first set of shots at 6 weeks.
4. Each puppy is micro-chipped with an AKC CAR microchip, for their protection if they get lost.
5. They are evaluated for temperament, conformation, obedience, agility and hunting ability.
We use the Volhard puppy aptitude test to test their temperament. www.volhard.com
We evaluate their confidence and boldness by seeing who will be the first to follow mom out of the whelping box.
We evaluate their conformation using Pat Hastings Puppy Puzzle & the LRC's Illustrated Standard .
We look to see who follows us around and is focused on people to evaluate obedience potential.
We test their agility by seeing how quickly and how well they can climb over a 2x4, a 2x6, & stairs.
Upon request, they are exposed to birds from 6 weeks on. We evaluate their natural desire to focus on birds and retrieve drive.
6. We work with the puppies in a natural way to help transition to their new home.
A. We try to have puppies matched with their family by 4-6 weeks and encourage families to visit our home three times.
B. We also request that a towel/ blanket/ or piece of clothing are dropped off here before the puppy is 6 weeks old.
Our puppies are born in a den like environment which we call their whelping box or crate (our laundry room). We
ask that the families continue to provide the puppies with a den like environment or crate to aid preliminary house
training, to protect them from dangers and to encourage puppy manners when they go to their new homes.
The cloth and visits works with the puppy's natural sense of smell to communicate to them that your family is a part of
their pack. The first sense that they experience is smell which is 50-100 times stronger than ours.
7. Each puppy comes with a puppy packet.
-AKC Limited Registration
-AKC CAR Microchip
-1 gallon bag of food (Royal Canin Labrador puppy formula)
-Powdered probiotics/vitamins/cocci-guard for first week of life
-Health and development information
-NuVet Plus samples
-Puppy care info pamphlet
-Free sample of pet insurance
8.Each puppy comes with a health guarantee against any OFA (hip & elbows) or CERF (CERF checked eye problems) genetic problems.
9. We will gladly take our pups back at any time for any reason!!!
10. Life time Breeder support. I am just a phone call or e-mail away to ask questions or share fun moments with
We love our puppies very much, and are committed to them for life. See the puppy contract for more details.